This story has to do a lot with every day life. It talks about normal everyday people and the struggles they go through. I think the author's main point is you don't know what you have or what you will miss once it is taken from you or it is gone. The main character in the beginning describes the location of Westbury Court where she once lived and how it could be the worst place. But in the end of the paragraph it says "I never dreamed of leaving Westbury Court until the year of the fire." I guess the fire or this big event made her realize how she was taking this home of hers for granted. When the two boys died it seemed like more things were happening that were worse than this and made them move out.
Another way I can tell she misses Westbury court now is, that before when she lived there, she was only worrying about herself and watching General hospital. But now that she has moved out the only thing on her mind is everything having to do with Westbury Court. She states " My family and i moved out of Westbury Court three years after the fire. Every once in a while, though, the place came up in conversation, linked to either a joyous or painful memory."
The last example I see is that her mother talks about once you make a mistake you can't take it back. She says "oh those children, those poor children, their poor mother. Sometimes it is too late to say, 'I shouldn't have.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment